NMCCA has established the following goals in order to offer the best research treatment options to cancer patients in New Mexico:
- Achieve greater access to and enrollment in oncology clinical trials for all New Mexicans by opening trials throughout the State.
- Provide access to a variety of sites at which sponsors can conduct clinical trials.
- Academic hospitals
- Community doctors’ practices
- Community hospitals
- Veterans Administration Medical Center
- Increase the number of people available to conduct and take part in oncology clinical trials.
- Principal Investigators
- Patients to enroll in trials
- Streamline the review process for oncology clinical trial sponsors seeking entry to the New Mexico area.
- One Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee and centralized IRBs available to approve protocols for NMCCA sites